Friday 30 March 2012

Folksy Friday - Blue

This weeks Folksy Friday is all about my favourite colour, blue. I just love it, it's so many different colours in one! It's a very serene colour and I find it really relaxing.
Did you know that blue was once considered to be a girl's colour? Whilst pink was regarded as a more manly colour as it is closer to red. It's only since the 1940's that the colours have been reversed so that pink is now a girly colour (far too much of it in toy shops for my liking), and blue for boys.

Anyway, here is my selection of blue items from Folksy. I hope you enjoy them.




A beautiful serene print from LittleBeeAccessories






Some gorgeous knitted baby sandals from tasha's handmade






A blue patterned purse from Kayomi





A blue tartan cashmere cushion by Audacious Textiles




A mosaic mirror from  Funky Mosaics





A blue glass heart by  Elephantblossom Glass





A sandwich plate and soup bowl set by littlewrenpottery





     A cute little doll from Maisy Muffin Rag Dolls





A lovely little girls dress from Claire gypsy rose designs





And finally a peacock blue silk clutch from me Wild Rose Designs

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment